This weeks Tech Tip is one of my favorite secret weapons. Friends, meet Picnic. I assure that this little but amazing tool will become your newest friend forever. For-realz people.
Let’s start with what picnic is:
Picnic helps you find your Pins. Picnic is a simple bookmarklet that helps you explore your pins. Picnic makes sure you can get past blocked pins, broken links and find out more about your pins on Pinterest.
Although Picnic was originally designed for Pinterest use, I use it on all websites. I use it monitor my images on my blog. I use it find images with similar color schemes, to find a round up images original source.
It’s really easy to begin using Picnic.
Just go to Picnic.dreamuplabs.com then just drag the Picnic button to your toolbar and when then click “Find It” when you want to see where else an image is online.
Here is an example using an image from my blog…
This is my favorite way to make sure others are not stealing my images. The blog that used my image above was given permission. (I was a link-up co-host)
A few more reasons to use picnic:
- For wedding planning: find images with your same color scheme, or other blogs who added the image to a round up
- Shopping: find websites that sell a similar product, compare prices and get the best deal. Use it to find a product that was not linked to the actual store site.
- Color Palettes: Find images in your favorite color Palette.
- Pinterest corrections: no one loves clicking on a pin and being directed to no man’s land. Use picnic to correct the URL on images you pin.
- Destination love: If you see a beautiful beach image and wonder where it was taken, use picnic to try and find more images like it, and be directed to the location. This is great for vacation planning.
Have you tried Picnic?
What are some other reasons you can think of to use picnic?
© 2014, Chrissy@thePearlblog This post may contain affiliate links. Purchasing through them will help support this blog.. All rights reserved.