“No sew ruffle flower tutorial” (originally posted 9-22-2011)
I have the privilege of being a part of the best MOPS group ever
we always have great food, heart warming conversations and amazing speakers.
The icing on the cake is we have a first class craft coordinator.
A MOPS craft budget is not very big.
And none of us want to make something that looks like it was a preschool project.
We have made some great items that I still use year after year.
Necklaces, key fobs, and magnets.
One of my favorite crafts we did a few years ago was to decorate a tote bag.
We cut out fabric and used wonder under to attach it to the bag.
They were super cute.
This year we brought back the bag idea but did it a little different.
We made no sew fabric ruffle flowers and used fabric paint pens
I shared these bags on Facebook and a few people asked how they were made.
I made a tutorial for you today…
- glue gun / glue sticks
- circle template (can free hand)
- tote bag
2. circle on bag
3. cut fabric into strips. I made mine about 1 1/4″
4. add a strip of glue about 3-4 inches along the line of your circle
5. start scrunching your fabric on the glue line, be careful as the glue is hot
6. add another 3-4 inch line of glue and continue scrunching the strip of fabric. When you get to the end of a strip just overlap the ends and keep scrunching.
7. when you get to the end of the outer circle you need to continue your circle about a 1/2 inch below. I drew a pen line so you could see where I continue my circle. Keep moving your circle 1/2 inch in until you reach the end.
8. You can either just finish your flower by closing up the center with the ruffles or add a button.
It also makes the perfect gift.
© 2014, Chrissy@thePearlblog This post may contain affiliate links. Purchasing through them will help support this blog.. All rights reserved.