I found the best lasagna recipe online this week and had to share my take on it.
First let me start by saying: “we are not fancy food people around here.”
All 5 of us have the pallet of a toddler.
When it comes to lasagna we want flavor, we want cheese, and we want easy.
For our family the best part of this recipe is that there is no ricotta cheese.
Instead you use cottage cheese! YUM
- 1 lb ground turkey or beef
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1-1/2 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp minced onion
- 2 jars (24 oz) Pasta Sauce, divide
- 1 egg
- 1 container (16 oz.) Cottage Cheese
- 12 oven ready lasagna noodles
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divide
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Brown meat with garlic salt Italian seasoning, and minced onion in large saucepan.
- Remove from heat
- Stir in 1¼ jars pasta sauce
- In a medium bowl mix egg and cottage cheese
- Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray
- Spread ½ cup meat sauce onto dish
- Start your layering by placing 3 noodles length wise and break 1 noodle to fit the width
- Spread out half the cottage cheese mixture
- Top with ½ cup mozzarella
- Pour 1 cup sauce mixture on cheese
- Repeat layers.
- Top with remaining noodles and all of your sauce (including the ¾ jar)
- cover with tin foil sprayed with cooking spray
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Top with remaining mozzarella cheese
- Bake, uncovered, for about 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
© 2015, Chrissy@thePearlblog This post may contain affiliate links. Purchasing through them will help support this blog.. All rights reserved.