Yesterday I shared a really fun Halloween treat idea that included small butterscotch haystacks.
Today I wanted to share my twist on the traditional haystack recipe
you will need
2 cups La Choy Chow mein Noodles
1/2 cup pretzel sticks
1/2 cup butterscotch chips
1/2 cup white baking chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
In a microwave safe dish melt together the butterscotch and white baking chips. I used the microwave but you could also use a double boiler.
Once all melted add in you peanut butter. Stir until completely combined.
Add in chow mein noodles and pretzels
stir until completely coated
drop spoonfuls onto wax paper
all to cool completely
For my Halloween version I added a little candy eye before they were cooled.
- 2 cups La Choy Chow mein Noodles
- ½ cup pretzel sticks
- ½ cup butterscotch chips
- ½ cup white baking chips
- ½ cup peanut butter
- In a microwave safe dish melt together the butterscotch and white baking chips.
- Once all melted add in you peanut butter.
- Stir until combined. -reheating as needed
- Add in chow mein noodles and pretzels
- stir until completely coated
- drop spoonfuls onto wax paper
- all to cool completely
You can follow along with the rest of my 31 day series here:
© 2015, Chrissy@thePearlblog This post may contain affiliate links. Purchasing through them will help support this blog.. All rights reserved.