If you have not noticed the Pearl blog received a mini blog face lift this week. I owe it all to a very talented lady.
Friends I want you to meet Chelsea.
Chelsea meet my friends.
Chelsea is the owner/designer/amazing talent behind Olive & Ivy Design Studio
from her bio page:
Hi there! I’m Chelsea, the one-man-band behind Olive & Ivy Design. I used to be a kayak instructor by day and a freelance graphic designer by night, but have recently jumped into blog and graphic design full force and this is now my full time job. Dream come true much?! I’ve been into graphic design for many years now, and have only turned this passion into a business as of about a year ago. Since O&I Design (formerly Yours Truly Designs) started back in June 2012, it has grown immensely and my skills and love for design have grown with it. A hobby turned into a career and I couldn’t be more ecstatic about it. Simply put… I love what I do. I love to take your ideas and turn them into exactly what you wanted. When I’m not designing, I like to blog, learn new things and daydream.
Okay let’s break down the changes that Chelsea made for us at the Pearl blog.
1. Let’s start with the menu bar. It’s so much easier to find now. It’s not over the top but just enough to make it stand out.
2. I have a post slider.. what! I’ve always wanted one but had no idea how to create it. Chelsea did a great job making it look exactly how I imagined it.
3. I have a new cute little arrow that starts the title of ever post! Much more clean and classy!
4.The main page layout is changed. Now you can view the first post fully. below that first post are snippets of recent posts. I love that you can stay and read what’s new but still have the option to see what I was up to all week long.
5. Did you notice things loaded a little faster. Chelsea shared with me I had a lot of unneeded things loaded on my site that was slowing it down.
6. I can’t forget my custom Pin it hover image. I love how it matches my site! now when you hover over an image you can just click it to pin it. Easy for everyone!
Guys, I can not say enough good things about working with Chelsea. She is professional, smart, fast, and affordable. I recommend her for all your design work. For blogs or small business.
If you are not in need for design work right now you can still visit Chelsea over at her personal blog Olive and Ivy.
I was not asked, paid, or compensated in any way for this post. I just really love the work Chelsea did on my blog!
© 2014, Chrissy@thePearlblog This post may contain affiliate links. Purchasing through them will help support this blog.. All rights reserved.