Back from Chicago

Jake and I had a great time together in Chicago. It was nice spending time together just the two of us.
This is leaving Thursday AM

We started our day Thursday am going to Michigan City Indiana. We did some shopping for the kids and our selves. After a few hours shopping we headed off to Chicago.

Us getting to Michigan city!

After a long traffic jam in Chicago we finally reached our hotel. We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Hotel. This was about 2 blocks from Michigan Ave. A perfect location to walk anywhere. So when we finally got into our hotel room Jake was less than thrilled. He was expecting a bigger and more updated hotel room. Our view was of the sides of old buildings and a parking ramp. Jake thought we should ask about switching to a room with a better view. We asked and by the end of our conversation we were in a suite on the 23rd floor. A corner room with three windows to view the city. Out one window you could see the sears tower!

looking at the city out our hotel windows

After unpacking a taking a walk around the city we decided it was time for dinner. We Ate dinner at the ESPN zone to watch the Pistons vs Bulls game. While we waited for our table we hing out in the arcade area and took a few pictures! We were so tired that after we finished eating we went to the hotel and finished watching the game. I think I was sleeping before the game was over.

while waiting at the ESPN Zone

Friday: I got up early and went and worked out while Jake was sleeping. When I returned Jake was up. He went and worked out while I got ready for our day. We had protein bars for breakfast and then were off to the river. We went on an Architectural tour of the city, by boat. It was really cold that morning. We learned a lot about the city and saw some amazing buildings.

Boat tour

After our tour we headed to the Hancock Building. We took the elevator up to the 94Th floor for an awesome view. We had a great time checking things out. We took a great picture while we were there. After out visit of the Hancock we went to The Cheesecake Factory for lunch. On our way back to our hotel we stopped at a few stores

Hancock Building
We decided to take a nap when we returned to our hotel and Jake woke me up at about 10:30pm to go to dinner. I was not hungry but said I would go along for the ride. We asked the Lady at the hotel what was still open and the only place that was the restaurant in the hotel called the Weber Grill. Jake ordered a dinner and I ordered Chocolate Cake. ( you would have been proud Andrea) Unfortunately at 11pm you can’t really each much so we boxed the left overs and back to sleep we went.
Saturday: We had a busy day planned… so we thought. We were going to go catch the bus, visit the Shed’s Aquarium and then see the Museum of Science and Industry. After getting outside and feeling how cold it was we headed to the mall to find warmer shirts. After what seemed like forever I found a hoodie and Jake just kept his TShirt on. Then we had to find our bus stop and wait for our Bus. Once we got to the Shed’s Jake was Hungry and wasn’t much fun. So after checking things out we decided to head back to the city for lunch. ( Mind you it’s like 3:00pm by now) We never made it to the other Museums.

Hanging out at the Shed’s

We watched a 4D movie at the Shed’s it was CRAZY!!

We ate at Giordano’s Pizza for lunch. We were so full that we had leftover’s again! On our walk back to the hotel we met a homeless man and gave him our warm leftovers ad some change. He was grateful.

After we returned back at our hotel we hung out in the Hot tub. Weirdly enough the was a mom in the Hot tub with the same Bathing sit as me. Either she is dressing young or I am dressing old! I think I was at fault here!!

Since this was our last night we decided to get dressed up to go out for dinner.

Getting ready to leave for dinner

First we went to a restaurant called Lawry’s. A had a drink. While waiting for our table in the very Elegant lounge area we decided to go some where else. While on our walk to find a new restaurant Jake his shoes shined on got hit on and we gave money to another homeless man! We ended up eating a restaurant called Rock Bottom. We had been seeing people hang out here while on our trip as we could see this place from our hotel. I ordered a steak and Jake ordered Nachos! We had fun talking and being silly while waiting for our food!

At Rock Bottom

So all together we had a great time. I think we grew a lot in our relationship. I think we learned not to take for granted anything we have and to look out for others. God has taught us to give when we can. We thank the Lord for everything he has provided for us. John 3:16

© 2007, Chrissy@thePearlblog This post may contain affiliate links. Purchasing through them will help support this blog.. All rights reserved.

About Chrissy@thePEARLblog

Sinner turned saint. Lover of Jesus. DIY crafter. Mom of 3. Blogger. Friend. married to her high school sweetheart. I blogs to share about the things I love. My hope is that my love for crafting, Jesus, family, and food will inspire you to try something new. If you enjoy what you read, don’t forget to subscribe to my blog!


  1. wonderful! im inspired to take my own trip now!
    – L

  2. Anonymous says:

    I’m glad you guys had a blast! It sounded like a fun getaway. Can you believe it has been two years since your wedding? Life needs to slow down! 🙂

    Love you!


  3. Glad to see you had such a great time…and great pics, by the way!

share your thoughts...