This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Walmart Family Mobile. All opinions are mine alone. #DataAndAMovie #CollectiveBias
Three out of the five of people in my home have cell phones. My two youngest are not quite old enough to have their own phones just yet. They are however old enough to make and receive a tone of calls and texts. Who knew 1st graders liked to chat on the phone?!? Or that 4th graders would facetime for over 2 hours with a classmate!
We decided it was time to get a “home” phone to help limit the amount of time the kids were on our cell phones. Just not in the traditional landline kind of way. We chose to get a “home cell” phone. This new phone is going to have multiple purposes. But first we needed to find a plan that worked well for what we need at the time. Enter Walmart Family Mobile Plus Plan featuring Unlimited Talk, Text & Data; 10GB 4G LTE, PLUS it includes one free move on VUDU per month, per line (new release rental, $7 value) for only $49.88 a month. Disclaimer: All prices for phones and plans included in this post are accurate as of the date of posting; however, these prices are subject to change. Please refer to http://cbi.as/28aqc or your local Walmart for current pricing.
This past weekend I was going to have a house full of kids. I headed to Walmart to grab groceries and of course our new home cell. I opted for the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime – $99.00 (Rollback from $149.00). The screen is the perfect size for gaming and streaming shows. Let’s not forget the amazing camera.
Let’s talk about my top 5 reasons for getting a home cell.
1. You have a phone number that the kids can give out to their friends. You can stop those endless calls on your cell that go something like this. “hi, how are you? good? what are you doing? me nothing. SO what are you doing now”… and so on for 20 minutes, all while you are waiting for your phone to see how long to cook the meatloaf.
2. Boredom buster. Since you are buying a cell and not a landline you can take your phone on the go. When you have long car rides or multiple errands to run sometimes you need entertainment for your kids. With the 10GB of 4G LTE you do not have to worry about running out of data while streaming movies and playing games. Yes I advocate for technology as a babysitter, sometimes.
3. Teaches responsibility. Helps teach younger children learn to care for technology. Kids can also help keep track of the data usage.
4. Reduces anxiety. You can allow your younger children to take the phone with them on short bikes rides or when walking to the neighbors. This way they feel safe and you can feel less anxious knowing you can reach them at all times.
5. You have a phone in the home that babysitters can use. It’s hard to believe but yes some people do not own a cell phone. This can become awkward when your babysitter shows up and states they will need a phone to use in case of an emergency. No more leaving one of your phones behind.
Bonus: Family movie night. Once a month we will have the kids each invite a friend over to watch a movie thru VUDU, thanks to our monthly free rental. You can watch your VUDU movie on a compataible device such as Smart TV, ROKU(R), Chromecast(R), VUDU Spark(TM), tablet or laptop.
You can find the Walmart Family Mobile phones and plans in the back of the store in the electronic section.
What reasons do or would you have for getting a home cell phone?
© 2016, Chrissy@thePearlblog This post may contain affiliate links. Purchasing through them will help support this blog.. All rights reserved.